Patient Administration Coordinator - Patient Service Center
Some great news! We are advertising for a Patient Administration Coordinator - for the PAS team.
- Permanent and casual roles, full time
- Multiple locations
- Close to transport links
- Development opportunities available
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity:
We are looking for an admin superstar, to join our existing Patient Administration Coordinators, at the Patient Service Centre; based across Auckland City Hospital, Starship Hospital and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Challenging but rewarding, PAS (Patient Administration Services) is a department like no other. It is service-orientated (we're here for our patients!) with no two days being the same.
You'll be working with a close-knit administrative group and alongside a large multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, nurses, business managers and clinical directors. We work across three site locations; Auckland Hospital, Starship Hospital and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will need to have the right attitude to deliver the highest quality customer service to our valuable patients and offer the following skills:
- Friendly and welcoming to people from all walks of life
- Reliable and punctual with a strong attendance record
- Resiliency, adaptability and flexibility to ensure the smooth running of the service
- Fast learner, great at multitasking, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills with an ease of learning new apps
You care about public health and you want to serve our community. You have alignment with theTe Toka Tumai values.You're capable of building good working relationships with all types of people across Te Toka Tumai..
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai Auckland we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Our Patient Service Centre (PSC) unit provides support to the clinical department by managing their outpatient clinic receptions, processing referrals and making initial and follow-up appointments for our patients. We are a large team and we collectively make about 850,000 outpatient appointments and over 300,000 surgical bookings per year.
In this role, you will be working in the Clinic Reception team
- Meet and greet patients and their family or representatives and answer phone enquiries and refer calls of a clinical nature to the appropriate health professional
- Complete established appointment procedures such as scheduling follow-up appointments and sending referrals and other request forms to internal and external agencies
- Dispatch documentation as required by established procedures
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here:
- $64,903 per annum (pro rata)
- In-house mentorship and on-going training
- Free professional development opportunities
- Career progression within the organisation
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To express your interest, please submit your online application by attaching your most recent CV and Covering Letter stating why this job interests you.
For online application assistance, please contact Joseph Ciao - Recruitment Administrator at Jciao@adhb.govt.nz
Advert may close earlier if we receive a high number of applications so act quickly!
To help guide you through your candidate journey,please click here to details about our recruitment process.
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more