Expression of Interest Non-SET Surgical Registrars 2023 Training Year
Work and live your best life in Auckland in 2023!
- Highly diverse and multicultural – Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland) has more than 200 ethnic communities
- Live a life that allows you to explore the energetic nightlife, bustling restaurant scene, and an abundance of cultural and
- Experience the East and West Coasts of Aotearoa within a short drive
- Access to beautiful beaches and walking tracks right by your doorstep
Why train as a non-SET Surgical Registrar in the Auckland Region:
Ability to rotate through the nine RACS surgical sub-specialties:
• Cardiothoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Neurosurgery, ORL/ENT, Orthopaedics, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology, Vascular Surgery Please note: if you are interested in Orthopaedics only, please specify this in your online application
• Approved training reimbursements • Opportunity to practice across three District Health Boards, all within a 30km radius of each other. Many national and supra-regional referral services are located within the three DHBs. • Work in structured teams with supports from SET trainees and Fellows as well as Consultants. • Work alongside Consultants who are SET selectors who can offer you valuable mentoring, feedback, advice and tips to get onto the RACS SET Training program • Obtain world-class training and supervision by world-renowned Consultants dealing with some of the most complex and serious conditions in New Zealand • Diverse patient base, and with almost a third of the population of New Zealand in the Auckland region, the ability to hone your interpersonal, diagnostic and surgical skills and to rapidly increase experience in all aspects of surgical care.
Eligibility criteria and how to apply:
- Minimum of 6 months in surgical runs
- Eligibility for general scope registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Check here
The Northern Regional Alliance on behalf of the DHBs is committed to seeing Aucklanders from every community and
background share in a healthier future. To help us achieve this we need a talented diverse workforce that reflects the
population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds who share our values and
would greatly value seeing applicants from our Māori and Pacific communities.
Come to Auckland - where we are training world class Doctors.
Auckland DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that values and embraces the diverse population we serve. We welcome and support people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religion.