Anaesthetic Technician and Anaesthetic Nursing jobs at Te Toka Tumai Auckland
- Are you a qualified Anaesthetic Technician/Nurse/ODP ready to take your career to the next level?
- Work with a fantastic high performing multidisciplinary team
- Excellent opportunity to expand your scope of practice
- We are committed to a flexible workforce model of care
- Offer attractive relocation package for you and your family
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Are you a qualified Anaesthetic Technician (AT), Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) or Anaesthetic Nurse? Here is an exciting opportunity to join our highly skilled dynamic Āhua Tohu Pōkangia |Perioperative Services team.
We work 24/7, providing specialised acute and elective surgical procedures. Te Toka Tumai is a national referral centre for some specialties, so you will be exposed to surgeries you may not see elsewhere in Aotearoa New Zealand. We have permanent, full time positions available in various speciality areas with each unit offering differing shift patterns from Monday- Sunday (24/7) and on- call duties.
We are an exciting workplace to suit most experience levels—there is something here for everyone!
To know more about the role, please view the
Anaesthetic Technician Position Description
Registered Nurse Position Description
Ngā Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will be a qualified Anaesthetic Technician and currently registered or eligible for full registration with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ or have completed an approved training programme (e.g. RNAA) and will have:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Competence in technical, measuring and computer skills
- For overseas candidates - hold a New Zealand recognised qualification (RODP) (eg: Diploma of Higher Education in Operating Department Practice, UK with at least 2 years’ experience).
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. We are also an Accredited Employer with Immigration NZ (Please visit Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa for more information if you will be needing a Work Visa)
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Perioperative services have made a commitment to our flexible workforce project, which will give you opportunities to utilise a lot more of your skills than just anaesthetic assistance.
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai:
- Clinical Professional education funds and hours allocated to each individual, to support attendances to conferences and relevant study opportunities.
- Structured career progression framework and opportunity to expand the scope of practice.
- Salary and benefits will be as per the National Collective Agreement. Additional penal rates will be applicable as per rostered shifts.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If this role resonates with you, please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter outlining your experience and motivation to apply for the role.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Kavitha John, Recruitment Consultant on KavithaJ@adhb.govt.nz REF # AUC14838. to discuss how we can best support your application.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more