New Graduate Programme 2022 for Occupational Therapists and Social Workers - Mental Health & Addictions Directorate, Auckland DHB
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Auckland District Health Board as a New Graduate Occupational Therapist or Social Worker. This is also open to occupational therapists and social workers who are wanting to move into the field of mental health, or anyone who has held a clinical role for less than 2 years.
This is an ideal opportunity for graduates looking to start working in mental health in a supportive learning environment:
• Belonging to a cohort of new graduates in mental health, with dedicated support and learning opportunities.
• A thorough orientation and training package.
• Regular supervision.
• A mentor within the same team to support with the day to day work.
• Support to obtain a Post Graduate Certificate in Health Science (Mental Health and Addictions) with costs covered.
Your Application must include:
• An attached copy of your CV, including two referees, one being your most recent clinical/placement supervisor.
• A one page covering letter stating "Why you want to work in Mental Health and what qualities and experience you bring."
• A copy of your academic transcript (an unofficial transcript will be acceptable for students completing their study this year)
• A copy of your final placement report/assessment booklet.
Click here to view position description
This opportunity will enable you to develop skills, confidence and identity as an Occupational Therapist/Social Worker in Mental Health as well as academically in the clinical mental health field.
This is a permanent, full time role and employment will start with an orientation programme in February 2022. As part of the recruitment process you will be required to attend a full day recruitment assessment centre which will include small group activities and an interview on 15 or 16 November 2021.
Auckland District Health Board has a range of generalist and specialist adult and older adult services, including four general Community Mental Health Centres, and mental health services specifically for Māori, Pasifika and Asian people. Community Mental Health Centres provide a range of assessment and recovery focused treatment options to the adult population with serious mental illness. You will be working in a supportive multidisciplinary team to provide therapeutic treatment options in collaboration with service users, their families/whānau and other community services.
Don't miss this opportunity to kick start your Mental Health career with an organisation at the forefront of Mental Health Service delivery.
To express interest, please apply online at http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ to job number: AUC13136
For queries about the programme, please contact Diana O’Hara (Allied Health New Entry to Specialist Practice Coordinator) by email: DOHara@adhb.govt.nz
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact (Jimmy Mathews), Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com or Ph (+64 (0) 9 307 4949 ,Ext: 26064 ) to discuss how we can best support your application.
Applications close: 30th October 2020
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit kiwihealthjobs.com.
||Mental Health Clinical Team Member
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
It is recommended any worker in this position is vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more