Technical Applications Consultant - Clinical
Now is the time to join. healthAlliance is one of the Largest Shared services providers, going through a IT transformation journey and we are just about half way there. We support the four Northern Region district health boards (DHB’s) with non-clinical shared services.
Our ICT platform is a hybrid environment and our work supports the DHB’s collective aim of improving healthcare outcomes for the nearly two million people who live in our communities. We support the Covid response and you will be a valuable contributor to our response. Our focus is on modernising and strengthening core ICT foundations, simplifying the applications landscape, improving data sharing and interoperability, and working as a capable region.
The position of Technical Applications Consultant - Clinical is pivotal position for us, your work will include operational overview of the design, covering frontend, backend and middleware integration layer’s that supports interoperability between the key hospital systems. You are a natural leader and enjoy being an active participant as part of the team. You will provide Low code development and configuration for applications along with 2nd / 3rd level technical application support.
Technology plays a significant role in the delivery of quality healthcare services and improving patient experiences. We work in collaboration with the DHBs to support their extensive ICT enterprise and to safely accelerate their digital transformation journey improving the way health information is shared across the region to support better patient care.
What you can expect
- You will deliver technical solutions and outcomes along with supporting service requests and resolving incidents and problems
- Working within the actual applications rather than sending support tickets to our vendors
- Direct configuration of the applications to present the information in certain way / enable it to behave in a certain way
- We have two major platforms to support: Clinical portal (Integrates into a portal) and Pathways (This is for designing clinical workflows)
- You will support the health and performance of the platforms and can include patching, upgrades, maintenance along with continuous upgrading, and integrating new applications and overnight deployments
- You will have a close working relationship with and coordinate alongside the ICT, DBA, Development and System Support Teams and close interaction with the vendors that supply / support the applications
What we need to see from you
- Project Technical Lead and Operational Lead
- Delivering integrated application solutions and functionality
- Ability and familiarity with Agile and familiar with RAPID manual deployment. We have weekly releases and it can be a number of pieces of change for each release
- Ability to write a deployment plan for a set of changes into an application
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in any programming language (such as C++, C#, Java etc) and Microsoft SQL Server experience along with 2nd / 3rd level support role
- Understanding of ITIL processes (Incident, Change, Problem etc.).
- Technical leadership with excellent Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Managing positive and constructive customer interactions and relationship
- Knowledgeable on IT infrastructure technologies (Microsoft Stack)
- Experience in application monitoring Tools
- At least 5 years’ of experience in operational aspects of integration (both vendor and bespoke)
- We would like to see demonstratable experience with: Software specific configuration, Data administration and maintaining data integrity, Environment monitoring, Implementing software releases and Microsoft SQL Server querying skill
- Health sector exposure would be wonderful, and if you have Orion Health platform exposure would be a bonus
Working in health brings its own special kind of reward and we’re passionate about it. Through our people, there’s a collective drive to deliver professional, sustainable and efficient services, creating a workplace that people are proud of.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and provide a safe and supportive environment where our differences are celebrated and where individuals can thrive.
If you see yourself thriving in this space then apply now!
Applications Close: Sunday, 31 October 2021
A copy of the position description can be provided on request, please email our recruitment team at email@example.com
Please note only candidates who have the right to work in New Zealand will be considered and all applications have to be submitted online.
||Information Management/Information Technology
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more