- Join a collaborative and hardworking team making a difference in NZ healthcare
- Share your Testing and IT expertise, providing value-added services as we navigate through our digitally transforming journey
- Are you a Junior / Intermediate Test Specialist who is passionate about implementing new processes and practices to keep up with our ever-changing digital world?
healthAlliance NZ provides non-clinical shared services with an ICT platform to the four Northern Region district health boards (DHBs). Our work supports the DHBs’ collective aim of improving healthcare outcomes for the nearly two million people who live in our communities. Technology plays a significant role in the delivery of quality healthcare services and improving patient experiences. We work in collaboration with the DHBs to support their extensive ICT enterprise and to safely accelerate their digital transformation journey. Find out more at www.healthalliance.co.nz
About the Role:
We are looking for a Test Specialist to join our pride driven team in a permanent role. The Test Specialist is responsible for developing and executing test scripts, as well as the execution both against in-house developed products as well as 3rd party, vendor supplied products. The testing will be both technical and functional in nature and includes regression testing as well as interface testing. Exposure to automation testing is a plus. Knowledge of Jira is a must.
The key roles and responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Test Manager, Business Analysts and Technical Architects to understand business/software specifications and functional requirements in order to translate these into functional/non-functional test cases.
- Having a grounding in manual test capabilities
- Be conversant with the SDLC
- Capable of reporting and tracking defects
- Knowledge of Jira
- Able to report on the test status
- Able to understand complex information
The person we need is someone who is passionate about testing and has a keen interest to join a team of talented individuals. You will be driven, have a proactive attitude and be willing to learn and improve your testing skillset.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 3+ years working experience as a test specialist in a large organization
- Exposure to multiple applications of a medium to large nature
- Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English)
- Ideally you will have a BSc Computer Science / Information Systems
- ISTQB in Software Testing is desirable.
Working in health brings its own special kind of reward and we’re passionate about it. Through our people, there’s a collective drive to deliver professional, sustainable and efficient services, creating a workplace that people are proud of in the process. We embrace diversity and inclusion and provide a safe and supportive environment where our differences are celebrated and where individuals can thrive.
If this great opportunity sounds like you, then don’t hesitate, apply now!
Applications Close: 22 April 2021
A copy of the position description can be provided on request, please email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only candidates who have the right to work in New Zealand will be considered and only online applications will be accepted.