Exciting opportunities to be a part of our highly privileged and dynamic team of midwives!
- Casual hours to fit around your family, study commitments or Auckland lifestyle
- Opportunity to work across all maternity services of Women's Health service
Auckland District Health Board is the largest healthcare provider of Women's Health Services in Australasia, supporting more than 7,500 births each year across primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary maternity services. As a national referral and teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive maternity care to women with opportunities for midwives to practice across all areas.
Our maternity services at Auckland DHB include:
- A 16 bed labour and birthing unit
- Antenatal and postnatal wards
- Women's assessment unit providing 24/7 acute service for pregnant women
- A day assessment unit providing assessment based care for women
- A maternal fetal medicine and obstetric medicine service for women with more complex needs
What are we looking for?
- Experienced Registered Midwives and Community Midwives for the Te Manawa O Hine (Maori Midwifery Team) to work on a casual basis - as and when required with no guaranteed hours
- Our priority is making the best use of our available staff and skill mix to ensure patient safety and service delivery
- You will need to be passionate about making a difference, motivated, an excellent communicator, be able to make clinical decisions and able to demonstrate professional accountability
- At least two year's postgraduate experience as a Midwife
- Current NZ Midwifery Council Registration and APC
To show your interest, please submit an online application with your latest CV - due to mandatory statutory declaration, applications via email will be not be accepted
For any general enquiries, please contact Candida Hall, Recruitment Coordinator CandidaH@adhb.govt.nz
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more