Maternal Fetal Medicine Consultant
- Unique senior position within world class MFM unit with regional/national prominence
- Combine New Zealand lifestyle experience with outstanding career development
- Permanent full time position
- Relocation support available!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Auckland Hospital is one of the largest quality health providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary services to around 1.6 million people in the northern region as well as nationally for specific specialities.
National Women's Health provides subspecialty services in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynaecological Oncology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Subspecialties of Urogynaecology and Minimal Access Surgery are also being developed. There are 6,600 births per annum at National Women’s Health.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Maternal Fetal Medicine Service provides a regional service to 40,000 pregnant women and Fetal Therapy and Fetal Cardiac Services to New Zealand and some Pacific Islands (65,000 pregnancies). The hospital has a close association with the Auckland University Faculty of Health Sciences and has a leading role in research, undergraduate teaching and post graduate training.
We are only one of four units in Australasia that can offer such a unique opportunity which includes:
- Active research programmes;
- New Zealand Maternal Fetal Medicine Network - established in 2009 with support from the Ministry of Health to promote excellent MFM services around New Zealand;
- National Women’s Health is RANZCOG accredited for Specialist Maternal Fetal Medicine Training (two positions);
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists supervise research undertaken by trainees and are leading both local and multicentre research programs.
- The position will encompass a mix of maternal and fetal medicine, delivery suite and on call commitments.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Proven clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology experience and an ability to demonstrate medical management within Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- A subspecialty qualification or a special interest in MFM
- Eligibility for specialist registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand (https://www.mcnz.org.nz)
This is genuinely an outstanding and challenging clinical leadership opportunity within the NZ Public Health Sector. If this opportunity interests you, we would like to hear from you.
Click here for a copy of the Position Description
He aha ō painga ki tēnei mahi | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland region is home to over 1.7 million people; a blend of sophisticated city living and outdoor beauty makes it one of the most desirable places to live in New Zealand. In 2015 the city was rated the third best city in the world in the Mercer Quality of Living survey.
Living and working here has so much to offer! From the best education in New Zealand, exceptional sports, world-class restaurants to a thriving arts and culture scene there is something here for everyone!
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
For further information about these great opportunities, please contact Dr Jason Waugh, Service Clinical Director, Regional Maternity Service via email: email@example.com
To apply: Please visit the ADHB career website: www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting reference number AUC06767 and attach your CV and cover letter.
For help with your online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna Recruitment Consultant at the Careers Centre, MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement: (ASMS Senior Medical & Dental Officers MECA March 31, 2021)
Te Toka Tumai is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more