Registered Nurse - Starship Child Health, Ward 23B Paediatric Cardiology
Registered Nurses for Cardiology, Starship Child Health, Auckland DHB
Here is a great opportunity for experienced nurses!
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Full time and part time positions with visa support on offer
- Join now to benefit from the many opportunities for professional growth
Come be part of our fun and friendly team!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Auckland DHB and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Auckland DHB is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital which has strong ties with University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
The Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Service team are the sole provider of cardiology and cardiac surgical services for infants and children with congenital and acquired heart disease in New Zealand and parts of the Pacific Basin. We provide cardiac care across the life spectrum with a fetal cardiology service through to care of those born with congenital heart diseases who are now adults (ACHD).
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have Permanent full time or part time positions available!
We are looking for Registered Nurses who have an interest in Paediatric Cardiology and who will meet the needs of our patients and their family/whanau using contemporary nursing care which is safe, appropriate and effective.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
To know more about the role or to have a confidential discussion, please contact Dawn Tucker, Nurse Unit Manager for Paediatric & Congenital Cardiac Service via email email@example.com.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council.
- Paediatric Cardiac Nursing experience
- have a strong commitment to quality care
- be capable of working within a multi–disciplinary team.
- have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a positive attitude, an innovative and adaptable approach to practice
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly and fun team
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support from a preceptor to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHBW23B2022 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
||Auckland City Hospital
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more