Wheelchair And Seating Therapist - Rehab-Mobility Solutions
Wheelchair and Seating Therapist – Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
0.8-1.0 FTE permanent and 1.0 fixed term parental leave (12 months from June 2021)
We have an opportunity available currently for you to join the Auckland DHB as a Wheelchair and Seating Therapist within the Adult Community and Long Term Condition service in either a fixed term or permanent capacity.
The Mobility Solutions team are a client focused, motivated and creative group of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, technicians and support staff who assist people of all ages and abilities to achieve their mobility and positioning goals.
- With access to the latest equipment and technology and an onsite workshop for customisations to chairs and equipment, this role is hands on, practical and will challenge you to think creatively to develop tailor-made solutions.
- Comprehensive assessment of clients’ mobility and seating needs
- Set mobility goals with client and continually evaluate
- Recommend mobility and seating solutions
- Configure equipment to meet individual requirements
Skills and experience
- 2 + years post-grad OT/PT experience
- Previous experience in wheelchair and seating desired but not essential
- Credentialed or underway with the credentialing process for WMPML1 or WMPML2 desired
- Current NZ registration + APC
- Full, clean driving license
What’s on Offer?
This community service is based at Pt Chevalier Clinical Centre at Auckland DHB and travel across the Auckland region to visit clients in their homes, schools and community. We encourage our staff to “aim high” and offer fantastic opportunities for professional development. Our welcoming and supportive team will give you the best start in our specialty and will assist you to grow and develop your clinical skills and knowledge.
To apply, please visit –www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/careers job number ADHB9760
Click here to view the position description.
To find out more about this role and service, please contact Liz Turnbull, Team Leader at LTurnbull@adhb.govt.nz For questions about your application, contact Kavitha John, Recruitment Consultant at KavithaJ@adhb.govt.nz