Rotational Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacy
- New Zealand’s leading public hospital
- Fixed term and permanent positions
- Full-time and part-time
Are you a newly registered pharmacist or do you have 1-3 years hospital experience and looking to further your career in a hospital setting? Whatever stage you are at in your career – we can provide the foundation to clinical pharmacy or stretch you into speciality services that are offered ADHB including transplant services, Cardiothoracic, Neurosurgery, Cancer and Blood, and Paediatrics.
About the role
We currently have a rotational pharmacist roles starting in June 2021. As a rotational pharmacist you will participate in our structured Rotational Pharmacist Programme which is tailored to you in order to develop the core skills, knowledge and behaviours that are essential to become an experienced and well-rounded hospital pharmacist. Within the rotational programme you will be supported to identify and achieve your development goals with overseen by a rotation supervisor(s) and a long term development advisor. During this time you will be expected, and supported, to undertake relevant clinical postgraduate qualifications. You will gain experience in all areas of the department and will contribute to the delivery of the pharmacy service by providing high quality pharmaceutical care to patients across all Pharmacy business units.
Click here to view the position description
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Auckland DHB is the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand and we aspire to provide the highest standards of patient care and staff engagement which is underpinned by our organisational values of Haere Mai (welcome), Manaaki (respect), Tῡhono (together) and Angamua (aim high). Here is what we can offer you:
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including well-established in-service training programmes
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Excellent support from experienced practitioners, peer reviews and professional supervision
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
About the department
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 150 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies, Aseptic Production Unit and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services. We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Qualified with a B.Pharm degree with NZ registration or applicable NZ recognised qualification from overseas
- Hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate from the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand, or be eligible to obtain one
- Experience working within hospital/clinical pharmacy
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative with excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills are essential
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
For more information, please contact the hiring manager, Kristen Greville, Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on email@example.com or 021 041 3017
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email, Sonu Anand, Recruitment Consultant on Sonua@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref # ADHB9650A
Closing date is 13th May 2021, interviews 17th May onwards
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com