Casual Phlebotomist - Temporary Staffing Bureau
- New Zealand's leading hospital laboratory
- Casual hours - Monday to Sunday, fully rostered shifts, when and as required basis
- Career development opportunities
We are looking for experienced Medical Laboratory Technicians to join our Phlebotomy team at Temporary Staffing Bureau as a Phlebotomist. This is a casual employment opportunity with no guaranteed hours of work to cover shifts. You must be flexible to commit to rostered shifts.
About the position:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to collect a range of samples for laboratory testing, complete specimen dispatch and transportation preparation samples and maintain standards of ethical behaviour and practice in accordance with the NZIMLS Code of Ethics and the Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers' Rights.
Click here for the position description
What we can offer you:
Auckland district Health Board is the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and divese population. We have state of the art facilities and aspire to provide the highest standards of patient care and staff engagement. Here is what we can offer you:
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Excellent support from experienced practitioners, peer reviews and professional supervision
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Registration with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ as a Medical Laboratory Technician with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- At least 2 years experience preferably within New Zealand of working in diagnostic medical laboratory as a Phlebotomist
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in quality management system is essential with working knowledge of computer based systems within the context of a Medical Laboratory
To express your interest, please submit an online application with your latest CV. Due to mandatory statutory declaration, applications via email will not be accepted.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessbility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Teenie Nguyen - Recruitment Coordinator at Teenien@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB9439 to discuss how we can best support your application.
||Medical Lab Scientist / Technician
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more