Medical Laboratory Scientist, Diagnostic Genetics LabPLUS
- New Zealand’s leading hospital laboratory
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Dedicated friendly team
- Full time permanent role
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
In this role, you will perform laboratory analyses and associated tasks ensuring delivery of high quality and timely services in line with clinical expectations with an overall emphasis on quality outcomes. Although this role is based in the Cytogenetics section of our department, you may be required to work in any section of the Diagnostic Genetics laboratory.
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Qualified Medical Laboratory Scientist registered with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ and hold a current APC.
- Previous work experience in a diagnostic medical laboratory with practical experience in cytogenetic techniques, including karyotyping and FISH.
- Molecular genetics experience would also be beneficial, specifically QF-PCR.
- A methodical and organised approach to work with a keen focus on accuracy and data quality.
- Awareness and understanding of the ISO15189 standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to work well within a team.
- Flexibility to suit the service demands with the ability to prioritise and deliver to deadlines.
- Have a passion for excellent service delivery with high quality outputs.
- Working knowledge of computer based systems within the context of a Medical Laboratory.
For queries about the position, please contact Emilie Parkes EmilieP@adhb.govt.nz.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Thursday, 22 February at 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Hamish Watson - Recruitment Consultant at HamishWats@adhb.govt.nz or 021 948 906 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! For successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
Note the salary range for this position is between $61,000 and $86,000.
|Medical Lab Scientist / Technician
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more