Anaesthetic Technician, Starship Children's Health
Nau mai, haere mai ki Starship Child Health!
Here is a great opportunity for experienced Anaesthetic Technicians/RNAA to make a difference to our tamariki and whanau
· New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
· Permanent, part-time (20 hours/week)
· Fixed term, full-time for 12 months
· Fun, Friendly and professional perioperative team
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have both full-time and part-time permanent/fixed-term roles available for Anaesthetic Technician positions that may suit a work-life balance! This role integrates with all surgical/medical specialities and radiology services within Te Toka Tumai Auckland that perform elective surgery and procedures.
What we can offer you:
· A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
· An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly team
· Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support from a preceptor to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
· Continuing Professional Development entitlement
· Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of anaesthetic technicians as per nationally agreed multi-employer collective agreements
· A structured process of performance evaluation
For more information about the role, please contact the Charge Anaesthetic Technician, Annie Gordon, AGordon@adhb.govt.nz
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will:
· be an Anaesthetic Technician/ODP/Registered Nurse Anaesthetic Assistant and will either have or be eligible for registration with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand/NZ Nursing Council
· experience as an Anaesthetic Technician/ODP/Anaesthetic Nurse
· have a strong commitment to quality perioperative care
· be capable of working within a multi–disciplinary Theatre team.
· have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family-centred care
· have a passion for paediatric perioperative nursing
· have a positive attitude, an innovative and adaptable approach to practice
For further information, please refer to the Position Description here.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai |Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family-centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Auckland DHB and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Auckland DHB is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital which has strong ties with the University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
Our Paediatric Operating Theatres at Starship Child Health provides Acute Emergency/Trauma and Elective surgical procedures in the paediatric specialities of General, Thoracic, Urology, Endoscopy, Oncology, ORL, head and Neck, Dental, Spinal, Orthopaedics, Cardiac and Plastics. Our Anaesthetic technicians also provide paediatric anaesthesia support to children undergoing procedures in Radiology, CT, MRI, CIR, Radiotherapy and Angio
We are committed to delivering Whanau-centred care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values Whanau as an important member of the care team. We seek to lead New Zealand in perioperative paediatric service delivery through the building of our reputation as a national centre of excellence in paediatrics.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role in your cover letter quoting job reference ADHB20427 and mentioning your availability preference - permanent part-time or Fixed term full-time.
To view details about our recruitment process, click here. To apply please click 'apply now' below. For assistance with the application process please contact Honey Pillai, Recruitment Consultant via HPillai@adhb.govt.nz
Applications Close: 25 February 2024
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com