Senior Paediatric Physiotherapist,Starship Child Health
- Permanent Senior – Physiotherapist within Starship Children’s Hospital, Paediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Join our friendly supportive team who are driven by providing a high-quality clinical service across New Zealand
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to have a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieve equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Starship Child Health is looking for a Senior Clinician to join our Physiotherapy team. This role will be supporting the development of a specialist service and providing high-quality clinical care within the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, New Zealand’s only designated PICU. Your passion for paediatrics and experience applying advanced clinical knowledge is welcomed in providing premium healthcare services to our tamariki and youth. This is a permanent, full-time role and forms part of the wider paediatric therapy team.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Hold a clinical caseload using advanced knowledge and skills in the area of paediatric critical care to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patients’/clients’ health needs
- Remain focused in the pursuit of Māori health gain as well as achieving equitable health outcomes for Māori
- Apply advanced clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning and expertise while modelling evidence-based practice
- Demonstrate culturally safe practice that encompasses a diverse range of beliefs, values and practices
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team, working closely together to ensure the best outcomes for our patient care needs
- Thrive within a vibrant, innovative and diverse setting amongst a supportive interdisciplinary team of Dietitians, Hospital Play Specialists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Therapists and Social Workers
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- NZ registration as a Physiotherapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 4+ years of post-graduate clinical work experience and 2 years full-time experience within the area of specialty
- Proven experience working in clinical leadership and service development/quality improvement
- Excellent skills in relationship building and communication with a broad range of stakeholders
- Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence-informed practice
- Proven skills in working with critically unwell children with complex cardiorespiratory and neurological conditions including ventilated and long-term ventilated children
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent interpersonal skills
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state-of-the-art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- On-the-job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! For successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical MECA 2020-2023)
Salary Range: Step 9 $87,192 to Step 12 $98,499 (Depending on experience)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes on 30th June 2023 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
If you have any queries about accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Vaidehi Sharma - Recruitment Consultant at Vaidehis@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB17715 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
||Auckland City Hospital
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more