Occupational Therapy Clinical Educator (Permanent, Full-Time)
- Fantastic career development opportunity in Clinical Education – Occupational Therapy
- Are you ready to take the next step in your career in a permanent, full-time leadership role
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced and passionate New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist to join our Adult Community Services team as a Clinical Educator. This permanent, full-time (40 hours/week) role based at Greenlane Clinical Centre will allow you the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge, confidence and clinical reasoning of the Occupational Therapists working in the Adult Community Services team:
- Work alongside identified Occupational Therapy staff to support on-boarding and up-skilling for practice in the community, including orientation, clinical education, training, coaching and mentoring
- Utilise the principles of evidence-based practice and adult learning to work closely with the Practice Supervisors, Assistant Coordinator and Service Leads to meet the learning needs of the Occupational Therapists
- Contribute to the leadership and clinical governance of Adult Community Service
- Focus on service delivery and engaging with the team in continuous improvement activities
- You will be a valued member of the Adult Community Services Leadership Team and encouraged and supported to develop your potential, including your leadership and management skills
The role is an autonomous position and incorporates quality and clinical governance aspects working alongside the Advanced Clinicians in the service.
Click here to view the position description
For more information about this role please contact Sarah Edwards (Allied Health Clinical and Quality Lead) on 021 598 049 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist with:
- New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 8+ years postgraduate Clinical experience
- Previous experience as a preceptor for Occupational Therapists including experience providing professional supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work at an advanced clinical level in a health environment
- Knowledge of the principles of adult learning
- A comprehensive understanding of the obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and a commitment to supporting equitable outcomes for Māori
- Able to bring together, balance and deliver the combined demands of quality, operations and business management through outstanding leadership and delegation
- Highly developed communication, time management and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent interpersonal skills
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Our commitment to you is to provide:
- A supportive collegial team
- Professional support and mentoring
- On-going professional development opportunities
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday, 13 January 2023 Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Step 11 $93,397 to Step 14 $107,449 (Depending on experience)
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB15474 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
||Greenlane Clinical Centre
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more