- Join New Zealand’s largest academic tertiary hospital
- Enjoy our relaxed lifestyle with close proximity to the beautiful Auckland Domain
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Te Whatu Ora/Health New Zealand is now up and running and here at Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
National Women’s Health (NWH) at Auckland City Hospital) supports 6,500 births annually and provides national and regional services, as well as primary, secondary and tertiary maternity and gynaecological services to women. We have established subspecialty services in Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynaecological Oncology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Fertility.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Obstetric Medicine (Maternal Medicine) is an exciting and challenging subspecialty of internal medicine which integrates care by obstetric physicians (specialists in internal medicine) with that of the multidisciplinary team consisting obstetricians, maternal fetal medicine specialists, midwives and allied health workers, to provide care for women with medical problems in pregnancy or women who develop medical complications during pregnancy.
Obstetric Medicine is well-established at NWH and provides the following:
- specialist evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for women with a wide range of medical disorders including diabetes, congenital and acquired cardiac, haematological, respiratory, renal, hepatobiliary, oncological and neurological conditions as well as obstetric-related conditions such as preeclampsia, HELLP syndrome, and cholestasis of pregnancy.
- The only formal full time, accredited training position for Obstetric Medicine in New Zealand (with certification issued by the Society of Obstetric Medicine of Australia and New Zealand, SOMANZ).
In this role, you will provide acute clinical assessment of inpatient care and be involved in teaching sessions with obstetric medicine registrars.
He aha ō painga ki tēnei mahi | Why you will enjoy working here
We offer you the following:
- Opportunity to apply your specialist-level skills in Obstetric Medicine, including Diabetes in Pregnancy and achieve expertise in the field of Obstetric Medicine towards the SOMANZ Obstetric Medicine Certificate (if not yet acquired).
- The scope to provide both inpatient and outpatient care for women under consultation by the NWH Obstetric Medicine team.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will need to have:
- Proven experience in all aspects of investigative and therapeutic Obstetric medicine
- The appropriate specialist qualification for this role
- Eligibility for specialist registration in New Zealand
Click here for a copy of the Position Description
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Jason Waugh, Service Clinical Director, MFM at JWaugh@adhb.govt.nz.
To apply visit our website http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ using job reference number ADHB15197 and attach a copy of your CV and cover letter.
For help with your online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna Recruitment Consultant at the Careers Centre, MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement: (ASMS Senior Medical & Dental Officers MECA March 31, 2021)
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more