Senior Pharmacist, Liver Transplant and Surgical Services, Auckland City Hospital
- New Zealand’s Liver Transplant Unit
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with your skills and experience
Are you an experienced Clinical Pharmacist looking to take the next step in your career? If yes, then this is the position for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated experienced Clinical Pharmacist with excellent communication skills to join our Clinical Pharmacy team in the Liver Transplant and Surgical services at Auckland DHB.
As an experienced Clinical Pharmacist, passionate about putting patients at the centre of everything you do, you’ll be in your element here with us. You can look forward to joining the New Zealand Liver Transplant Unit – providing clinical pharmacy expertise to complex patients.
In this role you will be an integral part of the liver and surgical teams and provide support and guidance in all aspects of medicines use across these specialties. It’s an innovative, professionally stimulating work environment where you’ll support the specialist clinicians to ensure appropriate, safe and cost effective delivery of medications to our patients. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the on-going development of the service through writing and review of protocols, prescriptions and guidelines; and education, training and supervision of pharmacists and the wider multidisciplinary team in order to facilitate good prescribing practice. You will further develop leadership skills by providing support to the Advanced Clinical Pharmacist – Surgical Services and Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist – Clinical Pharmacy Services.
Click here to view the position description
For further information on this role please contact Kristen Greville, Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist - Clinical Pharmacy Services email@example.com or on (09) 3074949 ext 29622 or 0210413017
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 150 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies, Aseptic Production Unit and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services.
We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
You will be an enthusiastic clinical pharmacist, committed to furthering yourself and your peers with the ability to role model the Auckland DHB values.
- Qualified with a B.Pharm degree with NZ registration or applicable NZ recognised qualification from overseas, postgraduate clinical qualifications are desirable.
- Registered, or be eligible for registration, with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate
- At least three to five years of clinical pharmacy experience including surgical or transplant services; recent Liver Transplant experience desirable
- Quick to pick up new concepts and strong attention to detail
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills are essential
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
- Excellent communication and time management skills, as well as the ability to develop close working relationships across disciplines
We offer competitive remuneration commensurate with your skill, experience and qualifications, as per the Auckland Regional Allied/Public Health and Technical MECA.
For more information, please contact the hiring manager, Kristen Greville, Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 0413017
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email Aaron Chamberlain, Recruitment Consultant at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz, and quote reference ADHB14817S
||Auckland City Hospital
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more