Practice Supervisor - Physiotherapy - Community Rehabilitation
- Lead a team of Physiotherapists within the Allied Health Community Rehabilitation Team
- Receive meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have an exciting leadership opportunity for a Physiotherapy Practice Supervisor to lead our team of enthusiastic and passionate Physiotherapists within the Allied Health Community Rehabilitation Team. This permanent, full-time (40 hours per week) position based between Greenlane Clinical Centre and Pt Chevalier clinical hub, combines professional and people leadership, service development and quality improvements, with clinical practice.
- Provide operational and clinical leadership to the Physiotherapy team
- Demonstrate effective clinical reasoning and model senior level evidence-informed practice
- Provide adult teaching and apply knowledge of appropriate educating skills
- Undertake a clinical caseload providing comprehensive and evidence-based care
- You will have the collegial support of the other Allied Health Practice Supervisors in Adult Community Services, and support from your Team Leader and Allied Health Clinical and Quality Lead
Our Community Rehabilitation Team is an adult rehabilitation service that provides rehabilitation for clients of all ages following an acute event that has significantly changed their level of function and ability to participate in their normal pre-existing roles. The multi-disciplinary team includes occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech language therapists and a clinical psychologist.
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as a Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 7+ years of clinical experience, additionally mentoring and coaching experience desirable
- Appropriate supervision training or progress towards completion
- Clean, full New Zealand drivers’ licence
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A flexible, pro-active approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Winnie Yuen (Allied Health Service Lead) on email@example.com
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health, Pt Chev Clinical Centre and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Our team provide rehabilitation for clients with a wide range of conditions including new stroke, new diagnosis of neurological condition, new amputation, orthopaedic conditions including fracture, post-neurosurgery, significant deconditioning following a prolonged hospital stay, and others requiring an intensive multidisciplinary approach. The team delivers rehabilitation in a flexible, client centred way in the home, community setting and/or our clinics.
- Working within a dynamic, supportive and multidisciplinary team
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- On the job training with development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Wednesday 5 October 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB14645 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health Scientific Technical MECA)
Salary Range: Step 10 $89701 to Step 14 $107449 (Depending on experience)
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com.
||Greenlane Clinical Centre
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more