Advanced Clinician Physiotherapist - Starship Child Health (Permanent, Part-Time)
- Permanent Advanced Clinician Physiotherapy role within Starship Children’s Hospital Rehabilitation Service
- Join our friendly supportive team who are driven by providing a high-quality clinical service across New Zealand
- Opportunity to continue your professional growth and develop your career
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Starship Child Health has an opportunity for an Advanced Clinician to join our Starship Rehabilitation Service Physiotherapy team. Your passion for paediatrics and experience applying advanced clinical knowledge is welcomed in providing premium healthcare services to our tamariki and youth. We offer the opportunity to work in both acute wards and outpatient settings at Starship Children’s Hospital. This is a permanent, part-time position (30 hours/week) and forms part of the paediatric therapy team:
- Maintain a clinical caseload applying advanced clinical knowledge and skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patients’/clients’ health needs
- Work with children and whanau within various clinical areas, delivering focused assessment and intervention
- Apply advanced clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning and expertise while modelling evidence- based practice
- Remain focused in the pursuit of Māori health gain as well as achieving equitable health outcomes for Māori
- Facilitate effective discharge planning and/or referral processes to health care providers’/support agencies to meet identified health needs
- Demonstrate culturally safe practice that encompasses a diverse range of beliefs, values and practices
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team, working closely together to ensure best outcomes for our patient care needs
- Thrive within a vibrant, innovative and diverse setting amongst a supportive interdisciplinary team of consultants, nurse specialists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language therapists, clinical neuropsychologists and team support
Click here to view the position description
You will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of our service; providing high quality clinical care, teaching, training and supporting therapists around the country and developing the service to optimise outcomes for children.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- NZ registration as a Physiotherapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 6+ years of post-graduate clinical work experience including 4 years full-time experience within the area of specialty
- Experience in paediatric rehabilitation (advantageous)
- Proven experience working in clinical leadership (desirable)
- Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
You will join our dedicated multidisciplinary team of consultants, nurse specialist, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech language therapists, clinical neuropsychologists and team support who are driven by providing a high-quality clinical service across New Zealand.
The Starship Rehabilitation Service is based at Starship Hospital. Clinics are conducted at the Wilson Centre, and inpatients are based at both Starship and the Wilson Centre. We will be delivering a network of outreach clinics across the country, in which you will have the opportunity to participate.
Starship Children's Health provides services to children and young people with acute, complex and chronic healthcare needs from throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. As well as providing secondary services to our local population we have the only paediatric dedicated intensive care unit in New Zealand.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical MECA 2018-2020)
Salary Range: Step 11 $87,697 to Step 14 $101,749 (Depending on experience)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday, 26 August 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB14182 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
||Auckland City Hospital
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more