Retail Pharmacy Technician
- New Zealand’s leading public hospital
- Casual “as and when required” role
- Based at Auckland City Hospital
We are looking for qualified a Pharmacy Technicians to work on a casual and when required basis to cover staff leave for our busy and interesting retail pharmacy.
About the role
The focus of this role is provide support to the dispensary team and assist with OTC and retail sales as well as general shop duties when required. This role is diverse and interesting with plenty of manufacturing opportunities and exposure to the latest developments in the pharmacy techniques and processes. You will be dealing with a wide range of patients, visitors and hospital staff.
This is a casual position so you will be rostered to work on an as-needed basis when it’s mutually suitable. Rostered shifts are 8 hours shifts usually Monday – Friday however, weekends and public holiday work may also be required at times.
Click here to view the position description
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:-
- National Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Level 5, approved by NZQA.
- Pharmacy experience is preferable but not essential as training will be provided
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative with excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills are essential
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to learn quickly, be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the hospital environment
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Auckland DHB is the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand and we aspire to provide the highest standards of patient care and staff engagement which is underpinned by our organisational values of Haere Mai (welcome), Manaaki (respect), Tῡhono (together) and Angamua (aim high). Here is what we can offer you:
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Excellent support from experienced practitioners, Peer reviews and professional supervision
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
About the department
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 100 staff working within two retail pharmacies, Aseptic Production Unit and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services. We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email, Aaron Chamberlain, Recruitment Coordinator on AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
||Auckland City Hospital
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more