Nurse Practitioner - Oncology, Cancer and Blood Services
Be part of New Zealand’s largest hospital and Te Pūriri o Te Ora, our Regional Cancer and Blood service providing active and supportive cancer care to over two million within our Auckland and Northland region.
- Bring your care and commitment to our teams striving to provide world class care to people with a diagnosis of cancer
- Full time (1 FTE), Fixed Term for 12 months
- Exciting Senior Nursing opportunity
We are looking for an inspired Nurse Practitioner to lead the way with this pivotal role. Reporting to the Oncology Nurse Unit Manager at Te Pūriri o Te Ora, (Regional Cancer and Blood Services) the Nurse Practitioner will be integral to providing comprehensive healthcare to cancer patients in our care by ensuring a high standard of health care and nursing services is delivered and promoting best practice.
Recognised as a clinical expert in your role as a Nurse Practitioner you will provide expert nursing assessment and care delivery. This senior nursing role is a wonderful opportunity for you to led and develop delivery of acute and emergency care in a cancer setting. While oncology experience is a bonus, the ability to triage and manage acute clinical presentations and comorbidities is essential.
In this role, you will:
- Provide clinical leadership
- Screen, assess, order imaging and diagnostic tests, diagnose, manage, and prescribe
- Provide emergency response
- Plan care for acute and long term conditions
- Refer patients as required
Are you a registered Nurse in the Nurse Practitioner scope of practice who has the following?
- Sound knowledge and understanding of medical, legal and ethical responsibilities when providing healthcare and prescribing
- Recognised as a nurse leader
- Excellent team member with strong decision-making, facilitation, and communication
- Able to handle complex care
- High standard of cultural safety and a commitment to equity for our Māori patients
Ideally, you will also have a minimum of 2 years Nurse Practitioner experience in oncology and / or in an emergency care setting.
If successful, you'll join a high-performing supportive team. You will be given the opportunity to learn and develop your skills and knowledge within a wide range of cancers and treatment-related issues including:
- Management of oncological emergencies such as febrile neutropenia and spinal cord compression
- Management of chemo- and immunotherapy and targeted therapy related side effects
- Palliative care
In return we will offer you the opportunity to demonstrate your advanced nursing knowledge and real passion for health whilst being able to make a meaningful difference to people in the northern region receiving cancer care. You will also be offered a personalised orientation programme, excellent professional development opportunities, and the support of the team in the largest Cancer Centre in Aotearoa.
For more information about the role, please contact Brenda McKay, Director of Nursing - Cancer and Blood Services at BMcKay@adhb.govt.nz
For help with the online application process, please contact Caryne Tee, Recruitment Coordinator at CaryneT@adhb.govt.nz