Sonographer, Adult Radiology
- Work with one of New Zealand’s largest public hospitals
- Opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly team & great work environment
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support
- Opportunities to learn and grown in different areas
We have exciting opportunities for qualified sonographers to join our highly-motivated and friendly ultrasound team. We have a full-time permanent position as well as a full time fixed term position available, however part-time option can also be considered.
About the role
This role has a lot of variety and you will have opportunity to work in a wide range of areas, in particular general, vascular, obstetric and gynaecological examinations; small parts and musculoskeletal experience is an advantage. The workload is varied, challenging and interesting. Some on-call may be required.
Our Radiology Department provides Radiological services to our patients from all three hospital sites – Adults inpatients in Auckland City Hospital, Paediatric Radiology in Starship Hospital and outpatients in Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Click here to view the position description
For more information, please contact Carol Bagnall, Team Leader, Ultrasound Service on email@example.com or 00 64 21716700
What we can offer you
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers and the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Here is what we can offer you
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement with educational support and structured process of performance evaluation
- Flights and arrival accommodation organised for you (with financial support)
- Easy access to world-class schools for kids through zoning policies!
- Annual practicing certificate funded
As the ideal candidate for this role you will
- Be an experienced Sonographer and will either have or be eligible for registration with New Zealand MRT Board.
- Have a strong commitment to quality healthcare
- Be capable of working independently and within a team.
- Have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- Have some experience in general, vascular, obs and gynae, musculoskeletal areas
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Aaron Chamberlain - Recruitment Coordinator at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB11075A to discuss how we can best support your application
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more